Team Member Biography
Georgia Owens-Holder is currently the General Manager appointed in November 2021.
She is responsible for and overseeing the following:
- Departmental activities (Marketing, Operations, Finance, HR, Compliance, Internal Audit, Corporate, etc.) with 10 senior managers reporting directly to the office.
- Responsible for liaising with financial institutions and regulatory bodies of the industry
- Responsible for fixing prices with suppliers on World Market
- Responsible for scheduling vessels for additional inventory
- Responsible for allotting payment for daily expenditures
- Responsible for preparing Board Reports for quarterly Board Meetings
- Monitors the Company’s financial position for settlement of financial instruments (letters of credit, bank guarantees, supplier credit, etc.)
- Serves on Credit Committee
- Worked to develop new marketing tools/products for Corporate clients
Mrs. Holder has worked as Marketing Manager of Aminata & Sons from April 2016 to October 2021. She also served as Senior Marketing Officer from 2015 to 2016. She functions and implements the following:
- Supervise the Marketing Department
- Expand the Company’s growth in market share
- Prepare marketing strategies alongside other Senior staff
- Oversee advertisements and other marketing materials
- Prepare and adhere to budgets
- Prepare Weekly and Monthly Marketing reports
- Ensure brand messages are clear, effective, and consistent.
- Gather and analyze customer insight.
- Manage the external perception of the Company
- Others as assigned by the General Manager and the CEO
From 2015 April – to March 2016, she served as Senior Marketing Officer and performed the following duties:
- Deals with Multinational customers
- Handles all their transaction with the company
- Make sure that they are satisfied with the service
- Others as assigned by the Marketing Manager and the General Manager
She worked with Harmony Trading (Lib) from 2009 to March 2015 as Sales and Marketing Manager and was responsible to perform as follows:
- Manage the day to day operations of Harmony Trading
- Conduct weekly meetings with staff and report to the Board
- Compile a weekly report on sales, accounts receivable, and other expenditures
- Making sure that the company’s funds are managed properly
- Meet potential suppliers in Liberia and abroad
- Making sure that customers received their supplies
- Making sure that customers’ accounts are accurate
- Make sure that receivables are collected
- Others as assigned by the General Manager
She previously worked as Secretary at the National Election Commission of Liberia from 1997 to 1999.
From 2013 to 2015, she was employed with Harmony Trading Inc. as a General Manager.
She has a worth of experience in customer relationships and has acquired a lot of experience in this field.
Georgia Owens-Holderholds a Master in Business Administration (MBA) and a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) respectively from the University of Liberia.