Team Member Biography
Mohammed S. Turay is currently the Project Coordinator and Chief Executive Officer of Aminata (Sierra Leone) Limited. An appointment took effect in September 2020. He is the Chief Representative of the Aminata & Sons (SL) Limited and Provides management oversight on all functional units of the country, drives the company’s long-term and short terms goals, and sets and Implements management’s overall annual target.
He previously served as Retail Manager and Operations Manager in 2017 before being appointed to the position of General Manager, Aminata Liberia from 2019 to 2020. He was responsible for and overseeing the following:
- Departmental activities (Marketing, Operations, Finance, HR, Compliance, Internal Audit, Corporate, etc.) with 10 senior managers reporting directly to the office.
- Responsible for liaising with financial institutions and regulatory bodies of the industry
- Responsible for fixing prices with suppliers on World Market
- Responsible for scheduling vessels for additional inventory
- Responsible for allotting payment for daily expenditures
- Responsible for preparing Board Reports for quarterly Board Meetings
- Monitors the Company’s financial position for settlement of financial instruments (letters of credit, bank guarantees, supplier credit, etc.)
- Serves on Credit Committee
- Worked to develop new marketing tools/products for Corporate clients
During his stay in the United States of America (Minnesota, USA), he worked with Wells Fargo & Company-Private Banker from November 2015 to June 2017. He was responsible for the following:
- Provided premium customer service.
- Assisted customers in opening or closing accounts and made money management decisions and transactions.
- Followed up with new clients over the phone and conducted sales-related cold calls.
- Served as a liaison between the bank and customers.
- Generated sales scripts, implemented sales strategies, and handled challenging customers.
- Sold account packages, certificates of deposit, and other services to individuals and businesses that use the bank.
- Provided each new bank customer with the right type of account for his or her banking needs.
- Performed a number of routine banking transactions, including opening a certificate or a safe deposit box for customers, performing deposits and withdrawals, and selling stock.
He served as Sales, Marketing, and Operations Officer from August 2013-July, to 2015 at Aminata and Sons inc.; at Melior Oil Liberia Limited, he served as Sales and Marketing Manager from January 2012-July to 2013. From January 2011 to October 2012, he worked as Operations Manager at Abranata & Sons
Mohammed S. Turay obtained an MBA in Customized Track fromSaint Mary’s University of Minnesota
2500 Park Avenue Minneapolis, MN 55404, In January 2017.
He obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree in Politics, Philosophy, and Economics. (BSc. P.P.E.) at the Obafemi Awolowo University. Ile Ife, Osun State, Nigeria
He is an affiliate member of the following organizations:
- Member, National Political Science Students Association, Nigeria.
- Federation of Liberian Professions in Nigeria, Minna, Nigeria
- Member, International Students Association of Nigeria, Obafemi Awolowo University Chapter
- Minnesota Mandingo Association (MMA)